Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the Thirteenth

Friday again. Thankfully. I do a lot of my writing on Saturdays. I haven't been feeling great for a few days so haven't written much. I did do a lot of writing in advance so I'm not behind in any of my sites. Other than Blogcritics. I just received a set of Midsomer Murders from the publisher that I'll be reviewing on the site. I'll try and get it written this weekend or at least watch the episodes. I'm forcing myself to write more reviews, I need all the practice I can get.

I read an interesting article today in the Globe and Mail about Amazon reviews and how they can damage book sales. I have to say I agree with a lot of what he said but I also disagree with a lot of what he said also. Just because someone is not a professional reviewer does not mean their opinions are useless. Yes, there are a lot of useless reviews there but there are also very helpful ones by people whose only qualifications are that they have read the book.

1 comment:

Rose DesRochers said...

Amen to that. I'm not a professional reviewer, but I have reviewed a lot of books.