Sunday, April 05, 2009

Literary Lunch




I've been busy writing my short biographies at Today. I'm really enjoying doing it. I am learning so much about authors I have always admired and read.

Here are links to some of my latest biographies:

John Glassco, Canadian Author, Poet and Translator
He wrote a great memoir about his time in Paris in the late 1920s and early 1930s

F. Scott Fitzgerald, Beautiful and Damned
He wrote The Great Gatsby, one of my all-time favorite novels


Ernest Hemingway, 1899-1961

He also wrote a great fictionalized book about his life in Paris in the 1920s and 1930s called A Moveable Lunch.

Truman Capote, Author
His In Cold Blood scared me almost to death when I was younger.

You can find a lot more author biographies at Literary Lunch.

1 comment:

Jil Nelson said...

Ever read Jane Gardam. She a Brit and my fav find of 2008. Like your blog.

Jil