Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Online Friends and Fellow Writers

In my years of writing I have met some wonderful friends and some wonderful writers. The undiscovered talent that is out there is astounding. Reading some of their works makes me feel like a no-talent hack at times.


Three of my online friends have published books that are now available on Amazon; I wrote some short reviews (very short reviews) of these wonderful books, reprinted below.


The Galactic Mage by John Daulton


This book was a wonderful, rolicking read. I cared for Orli and Altin, and even a dragon... The writing is crisp and taut. One of the most exciting books I have read in a long time. I eagerly await the sequel to find out what happens to Orli and Altin.


This book is doing very well on Amazon and is on the best seller list.



I was a Freshman Provocateur by Joshua Gallagher 


I really enjoyed this book. It reminded me of Camus' L'estranger for some reason. Actually, if Camus and Kerouac had a love child he would write like this. It's always good to read something with literary merit such as this...not a Vampire in view...


This is actually a short story. It is a quick read but it keeps you thinking about it long after.


The Case of Billy B by Cindy Vine


I found The Case of Billy B to be a very touching and emotional story. It was a difficult read at times as I felt for Billy and just wanted him to be happy and have a normal childhood. I got frustrated by his father not being enough of a man to protect his son. And I got made at most of the women in this story. I came close to tears at times. The writing is very realistic and in a style that makes it hard to put it down. I can't wait to read the next work by Cindy Vine.


Cindy has written and published several book since I wrote the review. Check out her great fiction and non-fiction.

No comments: