Thursday, October 04, 2007

Digital Journal

Digital Journal

I've started writing here. They basically want topical news stories. It is great practice for the journalism style of writing and you get a percentage of the ad revenue. Unlike other sites, this is not pennies. I usually end up earning about 40cents an article to start then you earn based on views and comments. The person who made the most money last month ended up earning over $400. I also like how you have to apply to write and have to be able to write half decently.

I'm about ready to give up on Helium. The quality is not that great and you earn so little. The people are great there but I don't have the time for this "hobby" site. Maybe I'll post more when I have written a few more things for the other sites or actually sold something through Constant Content.

But, all the writing is not just about the money. Although, I would like to be able to make a little extra money. It's the fact the I am writing, and that writing is getting some exposure.

Another site I write for is Howtodothings.com. I've written two articles for them so far and they give great advice for rewrites. The pay there is based on Adsense ads. I don't expect to get rich...

No comments: