Saturday, November 01, 2008

Studs Terkel Dies

I was saddened to hear about the death of Studs Terkel; a great American author. I remember reading his book Working when I was a teenager. It was a great look at working people in America and their lives. I was interested in all things American at the time even though I was Scottish-born and living in Canada. Terkel was a true champion of the working class and never failed to stand up for them when he thought they were under attack. A great loss to American historical writing. I wrote a short biography of him over at Digital Journal:

Pulitzer Prize Winning Author Studs Terkel Dead at 96

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog ('The Inspired Writer'). I'm determined to post every day this month. If nothing else, it will at least get me to the keyboard each day. 'Real' work will follow automatically (or that's the idea...)

For NaBloPoMo, I'm also blogging at my (somewhat) anonymous blog: http://mumbaiwallah.blogspot.com

Happy Writing. If you need help breaking into print markets or selling your work generally, let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Best wishes,
Chryselle