Sunday, March 08, 2009

Jane Austen

My latest biography is of Jane Austen. I am a huge fan of hers. I get infinite pleasure out of reading her novels. Pride and Prejudice is still my favorite novel; with Sense and Sensibility a close second. My favorite movie adaptation of her works is Persuasion starring Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds; with Emma Thompson's Sense and Sensibility a close second. And of course, who can resist Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice?

A lot of people don't bother about Jane Austen because they think she is a lightweight, just a "chick-lit" author. That couldn't be further from the truth. There are many subtle aspects to the writing of Jane Austen...she can get quite bitchy at times :)

Jane Austen: For What Do We Live, But to Make Sport for Our Neighbors?

No comments: